Business of Medical Practice
Welcome to the Business of Medical Practice BLOG
[Merging Tools and Communities]
We are the companion blog community for the third edition of our 800 page best selling textbook, BUSINESS OF MEDICAL PRACTICE [Transformational Health 2.0 Profit Maximization for Savvy Doctors] – 3rd edition
More than a best-selling book and philosophy, the Business of Medical Practice.com network is an active online and onground community for emerging medical practitioners transitioning to life in the “real world”, mid-career physicians aiming for growth, and/or mature seasoned doctors seeking to exit their career with economic gravitas and professional grace.
In other words, the entire professional life-cycle of private medical practice.
It’s also a glossary http://www.springerpub.com/Search/marcinko and consulting resource from our sponsoring firm, the Institute of Medical Business Advisors Inc www.MedicalBusinessAdvisors.com, whose vision of a collaborative medical practice business model is achievable for all colleagues and their consulting advisors www.CertifiedMedicalPlanner.com
And so, if Health 1.0 was the first two editions of our static book, Health 2.0 is a live and dynamic discussion of this third edition. Our textbook [v3.0] and community of colleaguse will help reposition your medical practice for the future. The choice is yours.
Modern Collaborative Practice Business Model 2.0
Traditional Command-Control Practice Business Model 1.0
Patient centered care [demand-driven] versus provider centered care [supply-driven]
- 24/7/365 access versus 9-5 banker’s hours
- Early technology adopters versus late technology adopters
- Patient selected caregivers versus practice selected caregivers
- Patient time sensitive versus patient time insensitive
- Low office overhead versus high office overhead
- Same day medical services versus appointment driven scheduling
- Quality patient care versus quantity of care rendered
- Preventative culture versus repeated interventions
- Physician-patient satisfaction versus enterprise-wide frustration
- Next-generation healthcare versus last-generation delivery chain
- Medical Professional versus Healthcare Merchant.
We also hope you find us to be both an oeuvre’ of medical practice management wisdom and collegial industry comfort! Do not hesitate to send us your feedback. This site is brought to you by the contributing authors and made available to medical providers of all degrees and specialty designations; allopathic, osteopathic, podiatric and dental practitioners. The text and site is also a fertile read and career resource for all nurse-executives, medical practice managers, healthcare administrators and business consultants. Every feature is a result of your comments on this current book, both prior editions, and our clients and network member suggestions.
So please, tell us what you think about the BUSINESS OF MEDICAL PRACTICE [Transformational Health 2.0 Profit Maximization for Savvy Doctors]. Join our community today – and prosper tomorrow!
Pre-Order Book: Estimated 3rd edition release date July 2010 [Market-Price: TBD]
Five Easy Ways to Pre-Order this Book:
- Publisher’s “ordering information” website tab www.SpringerPub.com
- By phone, call toll-free (877) 687-7476
- Fax your pre-order to (212) 941-7842
- Email your pre-order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To USPS mail your pre-release order, send it to:
Book Order Department
Springer Publishing Company
11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10036
Can’t wait? Second edition now available: http://www.springerpub.com/prod.aspx?prod_id=23759
Dr. David Edward Marcinko; MBA, CMP™ [Editor-in-Chief]
Hope Rachel Hetico; RN, MHA, CMP™ [Managing Editor]
Ann Miller; RN, MHA [Executive Director]