BUSINESS OF MEDICAL PRACTICE
Your Road Map to Practice Success
An interdisciplinary team of experts teaches newcomers how to open, staff, and equip an insurance or cash-friendly office for patients, and how to raise the capital necessary for it.
Mid-life practitioners learn how to augment their economic return on investment [ROI] and increase office efficiencies using modern information systems in the health 2.0 era. And, mature physicians learn how to maximize transferable practice business value for retirement success.
What this book does for you?
- Describes the current state of Health 2.0: definitions, tools, costs, scale and adoption curves.
- Illustrates how off-the-shelf and web-based tools [Software-as-a-Service] empower patients, yet supports both “best-of-breed” clinical care, and new-wave medical office business practices for the physician.
- Defines the emerging Participatory Health movement and how it impacts three generations of healthcare providers.
- Identifies challenges and opportunities for new doctors, mid-care physicians and mature practitioners in a patient-centered and value driven model that’s enabled through technology.
- Provides expert advice from leading thinkers combining both traditional [Health 1.0] and futuristic micro-medical practice business models.
- Helps launch the patient center medical office of the future.
- Offers the opportunity to enjoy and succeed in private medical practice; again.
*New chapters and topics for this edition include:
- Defining Health 2.0 and participatory care
- Managing and protecting accounts receivables
- Incurred but Not Reported healthcare claims
- Negotiating cost volume profit contracts
- Revenue cycle management and cash conversions
- Marketing, advertising, sales, CRM and public relations
- eMRs and clinical groupware
- Medical practice buy-sell agreements
- Disability insurance protections
- Medical practice sales and contracts
- Restrictive practice covenants
- Internal fraud and abuse prevention and controls
- Micro-capitation and pay-for-performance initiatives
- Mobile communications and ambulatory computing
- The USA PATRIOT and Sarbanes-Oxley Acts
- ARRA and the HI-TECH Acts
- Social media and collaborative patient care
- Direct reimbursement and new-wave practice models
- Medical workplace violence and sexual harassment
- Mico-medical practice business models
- Next-generation physician leadership
*And, we included additional management diversity with these exciting new contributing experts:
- Suzanne R. Dewey; MBA
- Brian J. Knabe; MD, CMP™
- Parin Kothari; MBA
- Mario Moussa; PhD, MBA
- Shahid Shah; MS
- Susan Theuns; PA-C
- Jennifer Tomasik; MS
Blackboard illustrating a typical medical school syllabus, with curriculum, on business education and practice management.
Doctors, dentists, podiatrists, medical students, clinic administrators and practice managers purchase our book for many reasons.
Here are the most common reasons for the Business of Medical Practice [v3.0] to be in your library – today:
- Garner multiple new referrals from doctors and patients
- Learn about participatory healthcare and Web 2.0 patients
- Grow your number of new patients and retain current patients
- Build your practice reputation (brand) in a positive way
- Learn how to select the eMR that’s right for you
- Ethically attract interesting cases that also reimburse well
- Learn about new healthcare administration technologies
- Fight back against aggressive competition and learn about health 2.0
- Increase your cash, direct care and ancillary services volume
- Start a concierge medical practice
- Support new location(s) and medical service line extensions
- Support new provider(s) and mentor younger doctors
- Increase your marketing, advertising and PR effectiveness
- Support new technologies and enhance collaborative medicine
- Learn about financial and cost accounting
- Understand medical practice financial statements
- Work smarter, not harder, in the modern healthcare ecosystem
- Win at internet new wave patient and SaaS CRM strategies
- Increase revenues, decrease overhead costs, and augment ROI
- Determine the financial worth of your practice
- Learn about practice sales, contracts and succession planning
- Learn how to hire the consultant[s] that’s right for you.
- Enjoy a meaningful, less stressful and profitable career … again!
Front Matter: Marcinko_5535_R1_FM_10-18-10_i-xxvi
Back Matter: Marcinko_5535_R1_BM_10-18-10_735-736